Most Active Stories
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- UT Percussion Studies and Nief-Norf to host Pulitzer-Prize winning composer, John Luther Adams
- State Looking Into Limited Privatization Of Some State Parks
- One Year On, Still Unanswered Questions In Pilot Probe
Volunteer and make a difference…
Join the community of friendly and talented volunteers who help make WUOT the vibrant place it is! Our wonderful, dedicated volunteers are a tremendous help to WUOT, provide invaluable support to our staff and are excellent ambassadors of the station.
Still not convinced? Then check out the top five reasons to volunteer:
1. You get to meet and work with the staff behind the scenes … and live to tell the tale.
2. The great food at the fund drives (and, yes, we do mean “great!”).
3. You get to hang out with other like-minded, passionate public radio listeners. We’ve heard (and participated in) some great volunteer conversations about everything from world travels, origami, and the art of being a cat whisperer, to current events, pranks played on teachers in grade school, and, you guessed it: public radio.
4. It’s good to get out of the house and help out in the community. Besides, you know you were home just listening to WUOT anyway!
5. All the fantastic money you can earn. OK, that’s an exaggeration. The money isn’t fantastic. Actually, you don’t make any money. However, the time and energy you contribute are invaluable to the station and you’ll have a great time. We love our volunteers!
WUOT's volunteer needs currently are met.
If you have any questions about volunteering, please contact WUOT Membership at firstname.lastname@example.org or the station's main number: 865-974-5375.
Become a volunteer now!