WUOT Open House 2013
Wed July 31, 2013
WUOT's Open House is Tuesday, Aug. 13, 4-7 p.m.!
Come one, come all! Join us for our annual open house! You’ll get to meet staff, tour the station, hear Todd Steed and Melony Dodson perform, play games and more.
You welcome WUOT into your home whenever you turn on 91.9 FM, and we want to welcome you into our studios. Our open house is a fun way for you to spend some time with us and see the radio station. Join us for a few minutes or stay the entire time. Feel free to invite a fellow public radio fan…or two or three!
LOTS to do at the Open House
- listen to live music performed by Melony Dodson on piano and Todd Steed on guitar
- pretend you’re an NPR reporter and get your photo taken by David Lewis in a fun photo booth with props
- join (silently!) Brandon Hollingsworth in the broadcast room while he hosts All Things Considered
- get your face or body beautifully painted by Faces Gone Wild
- enjoy delicious treats from Holly’s Eventful Dining, Magpies, The Tomato Head and Mojoe’s Trailside Coffeehouse.
- see how a show like Car Talk is prepared for broadcast
- test WUOT’s microphones and we’ll send you the recording
- get a behind-the-scenes tour of the station
- enter to win pottery by local artist Hugh Bailey, tickets to Knoxville Jazz Orchestra and UT Clarence Brown Theatre performances, a massage by Chaz Barber and other great prizes
- play Name That (Public Radio) Tune
- have your name written in languages from around the world
Photos from last year’s party
The station is in the University of Tennessee’s Communications Building on Circle Park Drive across the street from Neyland Stadium. A map of campus follows. UT campus is accessible from 129/Alcoa Highway at the Kingston Pike exit and from I-40 at the UT/Downtown exit.
Look up step-by-step driving directions. Enter 1345 Circle Park Dr Knoxville, TN as your destination.
WUOT is in room #209 in the Communications Building on the 2nd floor. Entering from Circle Park Dr., the best doors to enter are at the stairwell across from the far left side of the building. Go down one flight of stairs, enter the doors on the 2nd floor, and WUOT will be in front of you. If you need an elevator, from Circle Park Dr., enter the glass doors toward the middle of the building; the elevator will be on your right. Entering from Phillip Fulmer Dr., the best doors to enter are on the far right side of the building at The Daily Beacon entrance. Go down the hall, up one flight of stairs, enter the doors and WUOT will be in front of you.
Signage will be in the building to direct you.
There are several options for parking including Circle Park Dr., which is free after 4 p.m., and metered parking on the street.
If you have any questions or would like more information, contact Lisa Beckman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 865-974-9558.