2014 open house
Tue July 29, 2014
WUOT's 2014 Open House is Aug. 7, 4-7 p.m.
Today's the day! You welcome WUOT into your home whenever you turn on 91.9 FM, and we want to welcome you into our studios. Our open house is a fun way for you to spend some time with us and see the radio station. Join us for a few minutes or stay the entire time. Feel free to invite a fellow public radio fan…or two or three!
While you are visiting the studios, you can:
- listen to live music performed by Melony Dodson, Todd Steed and Bob Deck, and Kelle Jolly
- join (silently!) Brandon Hollingsworth in the broadcast room while he hosts All Things Considered
- enjoy a fun WUOT-themed caricature from talented Asheville artist Brian Vasilik
- enjoy delicious treats from Holly’s Eventful Dining, Magpies, and The Tomato Head
- meet our award-winning news staff and learn how stories are chosen and produced
- test WUOT’s microphones and we’ll send you the recording
- get a behind-the-scenes tour of the station
- explore WUOT with a station treasure hunt for a grand prize drawing
- enter to win door prizes including tickets to UT’s Clarence Brown Theatre and the Knoxville Jazz Orchestra, CD packages and more
Photos from last year’s party
The station is in the University of Tennessee’s Communications Building on Circle Park Drive across the street from Neyland Stadium. A map of campus follows. UT campus is accessible from 129/Alcoa Highway at the Kingston Pike exit and from I-40 at the UT/Downtown exit.
Look up step-by-step driving directions. Enter 1345 Circle Park Drive Knoxville, TN as your destination.
WUOT is in Room 209 in the Communications Building on the 2nd floor. Entering from Circle Park Dr., the best doors to enter are at the stairwell across from the far left side of the building. Go down one flight of stairs, enter the doors on the 2nd floor, and WUOT will be in front of you. If you need an elevator, from Circle Park Dr., enter the glass doors toward the middle of the building; the elevator will be on your right. Entering from Phillip Fulmer Dr., the best doors to enter are on the far right side of the building at The Daily Beacon entrance. Go down the hall, up one flight of stairs, enter the doors and WUOT will be in front of you.
Signage will be in the building to direct you.
There are several options for parking including Circle Park Dr., which is free after 4 p.m., and metered parking on the street.
If you have any questions or would like more information, contact Jennie Caissie at email@example.com or 865-974-9558.