Most Active Stories
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- Dialogue: The Latest Data On Homelessness In Knoxville-Knox County
- One Year On, Still Unanswered Questions In Pilot Probe
- State Looking Into Limited Privatization Of Some State Parks
Around the Nation
Mon September 30, 2013
Wis. Rep. Moves To Legalize Plastic Duck Races
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. An academic paper calls America a nation of gamblers. That paper said we bet on real estate but it could just as well have explored bets on sports, cars, or rubber ducks. People in Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin, sponsor the Ducktona 500, floating hundreds of ducks downriver. They did it for years before learning the raffle based on the race is illegal gambling. Now a state representative is sponsoring a bill that will legalize duck races. It's MORNING EDITION. Quack. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.