Most Active Stories
- Tennessee GOP's New Leader Hopes to Capitalize on Recent Gains
- The Method: What's Up On Pluto; Checking Up On Waterway Health
- Civil War Conference Highlights Tennessee's Difficult Transition To Post-war Peace
- Interview: Wilma Dunaway On The History Of Appalachia And Capitalism
- Ellen, Helen And The Origin Of The Love Kitchen
Fri July 19, 2013
Vinicius Cantuária On World Cafe
Originally published on Wed October 2, 2013 5:59 pm
As part of this week's Sense of Place: Rio series, World Cafe revisits a 2004 session with Brazilian singer Vinicius Cantuária. At the time, he was in the midst of a string of highly praised albums, beginning with 1996's Sol Na Cara.
In this interview, Cantuária discusses his love of Tom Jobim, moving to New York City in 1994 and how he feels somehow "more Brazilian" here in the U.S.