Most Active Stories
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- UT Percussion Studies and Nief-Norf to host Pulitzer-Prize winning composer, John Luther Adams
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- Iran Expert Sees Little Change In Tensions Between Washington and Tehran
- State Looking Into Limited Privatization Of Some State Parks
Mon May 20, 2013
VIDEO: A Time-Lapse Of The Tornado In Oklahoma
Originally published on Tue May 21, 2013 4:57 am
NBC News has put together a time-lapse video of the EF-4 tornado that tore through the southern suburbs of Oklahoma City, Okla.
As we told you in the live blog, the National Weather Service says it was at least an EF-4 tornado with winds in excess of 166 mph. The tornado stayed on the ground for 40 minutes and traveled 20 miles.