Most Active Stories
- "Reading Appalachia" Celebrates Region's Literary Culture
- Deadline is Monday for 2014 Mug Design Contest
- Higher Education Leaders Address Issues Facing Tennessee's Colleges and Universities
- TennCare Officials Draw Criticism From State Lawmakers
- Probe Into Suicides At Dandridge Juvenile Detention Center Yields Recommendations For Improvement
Wed July 16, 2014
UT's Joe Carcello Plans To Work For Investors On SEC Panel
Chances are pretty good that you are an investor. Even if you don’t own any stocks yourself, your employer probably does. Your retirement fund probably does. Even if you never glance at the Dow Jones average, you are an investor. And it’s you that Joe Carcello thinks about when he helps make recommendations designed to make sure your portfolio, stocks or mutual funds get a fair shake on Wall Street.
Carcello, a professor at the University of Tennessee College of Business, is one of 21 people on the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Investor Advisory Committee. On Wednesday, July 16, he joined WUOT All Things Considered host Brandon Hollingsworth about his role on that SEC panel.