Most Active Stories
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- Dialogue: The Latest Data On Homelessness In Knoxville-Knox County
- One Year On, Still Unanswered Questions In Pilot Probe
- State Looking Into Limited Privatization Of Some State Parks
Bruce Downsbrough arrested
Thu May 30, 2013
UT Foundation Executive Fired Following Child Pornography Arrest
The University of Tennessee Foundation has fired Chief Operating Officer and Executive Vice President Bruce Downsbrough following his arrest Tuesday on child pornography charges. A federal indictment claims Downsbrough downloaded child pornography on three separate occasions between 2008 and 2012. In the indictment, agents also claim a raid on Downsbrough's home yielded more illegal videos and images. In a statement released Thursday morning, UT Foundation officials confirm Downsbrough has been terminated and they will "quickly begin the process of determining how his role will be filled long-term." Lisa Taylor has been named acting Chief Operating Officer in the wake of Downsbrough's termination.
Downsbrough was arrested Tuesday morning in his Henley Street office in downtown Knoxville. Agents from the U.S. Postal Service, the U.S. Attorneys Office and the Knoxville Police Department participated in the arrest.
The UT Foundation is an independent not-for-profit organization responsible for raising money to fund educational, research and public activities at UT.