Most Active Stories
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- Dialogue: The Latest Data On Homelessness In Knoxville-Knox County
- One Year On, Still Unanswered Questions In Pilot Probe
- When Parents Are The Ones Too Distracted By Devices
Thu September 26, 2013
U.S. Senate Candidate Accused Of Plagiarism
The Coalition for a Constitutional Senate says U.S. Senate candidate Joe Carr lifted phrases and entire sentences from a conservative research think tank’s website in response to a political questionnaire.
Carr tells The Tennessean he did some research, wrote down his answers, and says he thought he was pretty clear that those thoughts and ideas were not completely his own.
Coalition members say that’s not the case. A coalition member says Carr copied four answers from articles on the Heritage Foundation’s site.
Carr says he often references that website, the Heritage Foundation, in his talks, and tells The Tennessean while he regrets the appearance of impropriety, he will not be issuing an apology.