Most Active Stories
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- UT Percussion Studies and Nief-Norf to host Pulitzer-Prize winning composer, John Luther Adams
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- Iran Expert Sees Little Change In Tensions Between Washington and Tehran
- State Looking Into Limited Privatization Of Some State Parks
Thu August 22, 2013
TVA's Base Power Rate Increases
The Tennessee Valley Authority is raising the cost of power by 1.5 percent - but most consumers probably won’t feel the effect.
Base electric rates will go up by one-point-five percent on October first for the first time in two years as TVA works to increase falling revenues. TVA expects to sell less electricity in the 2014 fiscal year.
But thanks to lower monthly fuel cost adjustments, most customers are unlikely to notice the increase when it goes into effect. For example, this month, cost adjustments are expected to lower average bills by about 6 percent.