Most Active Stories
- Iran Expert Sees Little Change In Tensions Between Washington and Tehran
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- UT Percussion Studies and Nief-Norf to host Pulitzer-Prize winning composer, John Luther Adams
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- State Looking Into Limited Privatization Of Some State Parks
Wed September 11, 2013
Treetop Flyers On World Cafe
Originally published on Thu September 26, 2013 2:28 pm
We welcome British band Treetop Flyers to the World Cafe. They are a folk-rock five-piece that initially turned heads on the main stage of the 2011 Glastonbury Festival. They won the spot through an "emerging artist" competition. From there, they were signed to Loose Music in the U.K. and to Partisan Records in the U.S. and put out their debut full-length record, The Mountain Moves, in June of this year. Their music is very much inspired by California in the '70s, so it was not much of a stretch to decamp to Malibu to record their debut.