Most Active Stories
- Tennessee GOP's New Leader Hopes to Capitalize on Recent Gains
- The Method: What's Up On Pluto; Checking Up On Waterway Health
- Civil War Conference Highlights Tennessee's Difficult Transition To Post-war Peace
- Interview: Wilma Dunaway On The History Of Appalachia And Capitalism
- Ellen, Helen And The Origin Of The Love Kitchen
Thu June 27, 2013
Tom Jones On World Cafe
Originally published on Thu December 26, 2013 6:01 pm
This segment, from June 27, is part of our Best Of 2013 series, in which we revisit some of our most memorable interviews and performances of the year.
Over the last few decades, Jones has continuously reinvented his sound, suiting it to fit the times. The 73-year-old performer is well-known for his 1964 hit "It's Not Unusual," which remains his signature song. In this installment of World Cafe, he talks about growing up in Wales and discovering American music on the radio.