Most Active Stories
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- Dialogue: The Latest Data On Homelessness In Knoxville-Knox County
- One Year On, Still Unanswered Questions In Pilot Probe
- When Parents Are The Ones Too Distracted By Devices
Mon August 12, 2013
Tennessee Sets State Record For Exports
The International Trade Administration reports that Tennessee's exports increased by 1% in the first half of this year, setting a new export record for the state.
According to the ITA, the state's largest export gains were increases of 60% percent to Singapore, 26% to the United Arab Emirates, 26% to South Korea and 17% to the Netherlands.
In 2012, the state's largest market was Canada, with 27.8% of the state’s total merchandise exports ($8.7 billion). Canada was followed by Mexico ($4.2 billion), China ($2.2 billion), Japan ($1.8 billion), and Belgium ($1.3 billion).
Tennessee's export shipments of merchandise in 2012 totaled $31.1 billion.
The state's largest merchandise exports last year were in Transportation Equipment ($6.0 billion), Computer & Electronic Products ($4.7 billion), and Chemicals ($4.7 billion).