Most Active Stories
- Iran Expert Sees Little Change In Tensions Between Washington and Tehran
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- UT Percussion Studies and Nief-Norf to host Pulitzer-Prize winning composer, John Luther Adams
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- State Looking Into Limited Privatization Of Some State Parks
Tennessee's Auto Sector
Fri October 4, 2013
Tennessee Leads The South In Supplying The Automotive Industry
A new report from the Brookings Institution on Tennessee’s automotive industry finds that the state is the South’s leader in supplying the automotive industry and has a stronger auto sector than before the recession began.
But the study also predicts that Tennessee will face stiff competition in the next five years, as new companies enter the industry, and that low-cost production will no longer be enough to keep Tennessee in the lead.
There are nearly 94,000 workers in the auto sector in Tennessee, with 80% working for suppliers in 80 of the state’s 95 counties.
Link to the pdf: