Most Active Stories
- Iran Expert Sees Little Change In Tensions Between Washington and Tehran
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- UT Percussion Studies and Nief-Norf to host Pulitzer-Prize winning composer, John Luther Adams
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- Dialogue: Social Media, Your Job & You
TN Adult and Dislocated Worker Program
Thu July 18, 2013
Tennessee Labor Program Releases Yearly Numbers
The program has a local focus: it provides classroom and on-the-job training focused on local communities, in order to increase worker employability and pay and to provide local employers with skilled workers. The training is partially funded through the federal Workforce Investment Act (WIA).
In the 12 months that ended in March, more than 6,000 Tennessee workers were enrolled in the program. The most popular training programs statewide are in Health Sciences, Transportation Operations, Green Energy, and Information Technology (see inset).