Most Active Stories
- Iran Expert Sees Little Change In Tensions Between Washington and Tehran
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- UT Percussion Studies and Nief-Norf to host Pulitzer-Prize winning composer, John Luther Adams
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- Dialogue: Social Media, Your Job & You
NGA Task Force
Wed May 22, 2013
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam To Co-Chair National Task Force
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam has been named co-chair of a national task force. Governor Haslam, a Republican, and Oregon Governor John Kitzhaber, a Democrat, will head the National Governors Association Health Care Sustainability Task Force, which will study ground-breaking Medicaid programs. Haslam is one of several governors making up the task force who are interested in expanding Medicaid by using federal funds to buy private coverage for the uninsured.