Most Active Stories
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- Dialogue: The Latest Data On Homelessness In Knoxville-Knox County
- One Year On, Still Unanswered Questions In Pilot Probe
- When Parents Are The Ones Too Distracted By Devices
NGA Task Force
Wed May 22, 2013
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam To Co-Chair National Task Force
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam has been named co-chair of a national task force. Governor Haslam, a Republican, and Oregon Governor John Kitzhaber, a Democrat, will head the National Governors Association Health Care Sustainability Task Force, which will study ground-breaking Medicaid programs. Haslam is one of several governors making up the task force who are interested in expanding Medicaid by using federal funds to buy private coverage for the uninsured.