Most Active Stories
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- Dialogue: The Latest Data On Homelessness In Knoxville-Knox County
- One Year On, Still Unanswered Questions In Pilot Probe
- When Parents Are The Ones Too Distracted By Devices
Labor & Workforce
Wed December 18, 2013
Tennesseans Affected By Ending Unemployment Benefits
About 18,000 Tennesseans will lose some unemployment benefits after the end of the year.
The extension of federal Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) insurance payments will expire at the end of the year.
The final EUC payments are received during the week ending January 4, 2014.
Tennessee Labor Commissioner Burns Phillips says the state’s unemployment insurance is not affected. Approved new claims under the Tennessee Unemployment Compensation program get a maximum 26 weeks of benefits.