Most Active Stories
- Iran Expert Sees Little Change In Tensions Between Washington and Tehran
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- UT Percussion Studies and Nief-Norf to host Pulitzer-Prize winning composer, John Luther Adams
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- Dialogue: Social Media, Your Job & You
Labor & Workforce
Wed December 18, 2013
Tennesseans Affected By Ending Unemployment Benefits
About 18,000 Tennesseans will lose some unemployment benefits after the end of the year.
The extension of federal Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) insurance payments will expire at the end of the year.
The final EUC payments are received during the week ending January 4, 2014.
Tennessee Labor Commissioner Burns Phillips says the state’s unemployment insurance is not affected. Approved new claims under the Tennessee Unemployment Compensation program get a maximum 26 weeks of benefits.