Most Active Stories
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- UT Percussion Studies and Nief-Norf to host Pulitzer-Prize winning composer, John Luther Adams
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- Iran Expert Sees Little Change In Tensions Between Washington and Tehran
- State Looking Into Limited Privatization Of Some State Parks
Chattanooga Dog Fighting Operation
Tue May 28, 2013
TBI Agents Discover Dog Fighting Operation
Agents from the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation say they uncovered evidence of an illegal dog fighting operation over the weekend while executing a narcotics search warrant at a Chattanooga home. McKamey Animal Services of Chattanooga was called in to investigate the scene after law enforcement officials found a dozen dogs, an indoor fighting ring and several dog fighting tools, including a treadmill used to condition fighting dogs. McKamey Executive Director Karen Walsh tells WUOT News it's rare to find this much evidence because dog fighting operations are notoriously mobile.