Most Active Stories
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- Dialogue: The Latest Data On Homelessness In Knoxville-Knox County
- One Year On, Still Unanswered Questions In Pilot Probe
- State Looking Into Limited Privatization Of Some State Parks
Wed April 10, 2013
Synthetic Malarial Drug Ingredient Could Cut Cost Of Treatment
Scientists have come up with a new way to produce the most common anti-malaria medicine currently on the market and a French pharmaceutical company is opening a new plant this week to manufacture it. The synthetic version of artemisinin is expected to stabilize the malaria medicine market and reduce the overall cost of malaria treatment.