Most Active Stories
- Tennessee GOP's New Leader Hopes to Capitalize on Recent Gains
- The Method: What's Up On Pluto; Checking Up On Waterway Health
- Civil War Conference Highlights Tennessee's Difficult Transition To Post-war Peace
- Interview: Wilma Dunaway On The History Of Appalachia And Capitalism
- Ellen, Helen And The Origin Of The Love Kitchen
Mon August 26, 2013
Survey Asks Britons How Often Bedsheets Are Changed
Originally published on Mon August 26, 2013 4:57 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene.
A new survey in Britain is airing that country's dirty laundry. The mattress company Ergoflex asked Britons how frequently they changed their sheets. Among men aged 18 to 25, more than half said they put fresh sheets on just four times a year.
Half of those guys said they thought this was perfectly fine. But some admitted they had learned the hard way that it actually wasn't. About 17 percent said their smelly sheets had, quote, "put off potential romantic partners." Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.