Most Active Stories
- The Method: What's Up On Pluto; Checking Up On Waterway Health
- Tennessee GOP's New Leader Hopes to Capitalize on Recent Gains
- Civil War Conference Highlights Tennessee's Difficult Transition To Post-war Peace
- Interview: Wilma Dunaway On The History Of Appalachia And Capitalism
- Ellen, Helen And The Origin Of The Love Kitchen
Tennessee Business: Ruby Tuesday
Thu January 9, 2014
Second-Quarter Losses Lead To More Closings For Ruby Tuesday
Maryville-based restaurant chain Ruby Tuesday has reported major second quarter losses.
The Knoxville News Sentinel reports that the Ruby Tuesday restaurant chain saw second-quarter net losses of $34.4 million, or 57 cents per share. That’s compared to a loss of $15 million, or 24 cents per share, during the same period last year. Total second-quarter revenue was $276.2 million, compared with over $300 million last year.
The company eliminated 70 job positions in November and December and now plans to close 30 restaurants this year.