Most Active Stories
- The Method: What's Up On Pluto; Checking Up On Waterway Health
- Tennessee GOP's New Leader Hopes to Capitalize on Recent Gains
- Civil War Conference Highlights Tennessee's Difficult Transition To Post-war Peace
- Interview: Wilma Dunaway On The History Of Appalachia And Capitalism
- Ellen, Helen And The Origin Of The Love Kitchen
Around the Nation
Tue December 17, 2013
Seahawks Beat Giants And Surpise Chevy Dealer
Originally published on Wed December 18, 2013 12:30 am
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Linda Wertheimer.
The Seahawks 23-to-nothing victory over the New York Giants is great news for Seattle, except for the folks at Jet Chevrolet. The Seattle-area dealership pledged to give 12 people $35,000 apiece if the Seahawks shut out the Giants. The car guys never expected to pay up. What are the odds? But just in case, they insured the bet, so they're only out about seven grand.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.