Most Active Stories
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- Dialogue: The Latest Data On Homelessness In Knoxville-Knox County
- One Year On, Still Unanswered Questions In Pilot Probe
- When Parents Are The Ones Too Distracted By Devices
Pilot Flying J
Thu May 16, 2013
Pilot/Flying J CEO Jimmy Haslam Addresses Trucking Executives
Pilot/Flying J CEO Jimmy Haslam stood before a large crowd of trucking executives gathered in Indianapolis this morning at the Scopelitis Transportation Seminar and told them he knew nothing about an alleged scheme to defraud some of his company's trucking customers. Last month, agents from the IRS and FBI raided Pilot's Knoxville headquarters in search of evidence to support the accusation that some members of the Pilot/Flying J sales staff were taking money promised to some of the company's clients in the form of rebates and discounts. At this morning's seminar, Haslam spelled out a five-point plan for regaining the industry's trust in Pilot/Flying J and promised to pay back any money owed with interest. At least seven trucking companies are already planning to sue Pilot/Flying J. Haslam's address today comesc shortly after the revelation that former FBI Director Louis Freeh has been hired as an investigator by the plaintiffs in a class-action lawsuit against the company.