Most Active Stories
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- UT Percussion Studies and Nief-Norf to host Pulitzer-Prize winning composer, John Luther Adams
- State Looking Into Limited Privatization Of Some State Parks
- One Year On, Still Unanswered Questions In Pilot Probe
Pilot Flying J
Fri April 19, 2013
Pilot-Flying J Gas Stations Target of Federal Investigation
This week the FBI and IRS raided the headquarters of one of the country's largest private employers: Pilot Flying J. The chain operates more than 600 gas stations and convenience stores in 43 states. It's owned by billionaire Jimmy Haslam. Haslam also owns the Cleveland Browns and his brother is Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam, who owns shares in the company. The company is accused of skimming money it promised to commercial customers through fuel rebates. WUOT's Brandon Hollingsworth filed this report for NPR's All Things Considered.