Most Active Stories
- Tennessee GOP's New Leader Hopes to Capitalize on Recent Gains
- The Method: What's Up On Pluto; Checking Up On Waterway Health
- Civil War Conference Highlights Tennessee's Difficult Transition To Post-war Peace
- Interview: Wilma Dunaway On The History Of Appalachia And Capitalism
- Ellen, Helen And The Origin Of The Love Kitchen
Mon August 19, 2013
World Cafe Next: Moreland And Arbuckle
Originally published on Fri October 3, 2014 3:04 pm
This week's World Cafe: Next artist is the Kansas band Moreland & Arbuckle, whose members play blues-drenched roots-rock. On their fifth album, 7 Cities, they've adopted the loose theme of the explorer Coronado's search for the seven cities of gold — which, not so coincidentally, took the conquistador right into their home territory.
After meeting at an open-mic night, Aaron Moreland and Dustin Arbuckle discovered a mutual love of Mississippi Delta blues. Thirteen years later, they recorded their new album at Stone Gossard's studio, and the results plainly demonstrate how far they've come.