Most Active Stories
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- Dialogue: The Latest Data On Homelessness In Knoxville-Knox County
- One Year On, Still Unanswered Questions In Pilot Probe
- When Parents Are The Ones Too Distracted By Devices
Mon June 24, 2013
Originally published on Wed September 25, 2013 5:45 pm
An indie-rock quintet based in Portland, Ore., Houndstooth features singer Katie Bernstein and guitarist John Gnorski — both of whom are originally from Austin, Texas. The band's sound reflects both hometowns, with Gnorski's loping guitar riffs hinting at bluesy Southern influences.
The band recorded a few singles last year, and Ride Out the Dark, due out July 16, is its first full-length album. On this installment of World Cafe: Next, hear Bernstein's enthralling low-affect vocals as they're set against Gnorski's laid-back guitar in two songs from the new album.