Most Active Stories
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- UT Percussion Studies and Nief-Norf to host Pulitzer-Prize winning composer, John Luther Adams
- State Looking Into Limited Privatization Of Some State Parks
- One Year On, Still Unanswered Questions In Pilot Probe
Mon May 20, 2013
Next: Hanni El Khatib
Originally published on Mon May 20, 2013 2:12 pm
Hanni El Khatib is a first-generation American who grew up with a Palestinian father and a Filipino mother in San Francisco. His music has origins in '50s and '60s soul, blues, R&B and garage rock, with all those influences filtered through an intense love of punk music.
El Khatib's 2011 debut, Will the Guns Come Out, was a raw and profane blast, while the recent Head in the Dirt is a product of time spent with The Black Keys' Dan Auerbach in his Easy Eye Nashville studio. Hear two songs from Head in the Dirt here.