Most Active Stories
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- Dialogue: The Latest Data On Homelessness In Knoxville-Knox County
- One Year On, Still Unanswered Questions In Pilot Probe
- When Parents Are The Ones Too Distracted By Devices
New State Handgun Law
Mon July 15, 2013
New State Gun Law May See More Changes
Tennessee Lieutenant Governor Ron Ramsey now says that a new state handgun law may need to be clarified. The new law allows handgun carry permit holders to keep weapons in their vehicles at work.
In May, State Attorney General Robert Cooper delivered an opinion saying that the new law would not impact any Tennessee employer’s ability to fire workers.
Lieutenant Governor Ramsey told the Knoxville News Sentinel that the legislature could push for the law to be changed to state that an employer can’t fire an employee just because they have a handgun in a locked vehicle.