Most Active Stories
- Iran Expert Sees Little Change In Tensions Between Washington and Tehran
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- UT Percussion Studies and Nief-Norf to host Pulitzer-Prize winning composer, John Luther Adams
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- Dialogue: Social Media, Your Job & You
Tue July 23, 2013
National Science Foundation Awards UT Research Center $18.6 Million
A national research center on the University of Tennessee campus will receive an $18.6 million dollar award from the National Science Foundation. The award will fund another five years of research at the National Institute for Mathematical and Biological Synthesis, known as NIMBios. Director Louis Gross says the center will expand research topics with a continued focus on bringing in teams of international top minds.
“We’ll have several papers coming out about what we have learned here about what encourages new collaborations among people from different disciplines,” he says.
The $18-point-six million dollar award is a renewal of a $16 million dollar award from the National Science Foundation in 2008.