Most Active Stories
- Iran Expert Sees Little Change In Tensions Between Washington and Tehran
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- UT Percussion Studies and Nief-Norf to host Pulitzer-Prize winning composer, John Luther Adams
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- State Looking Into Limited Privatization Of Some State Parks
TN Dept of Labor
Wed June 19, 2013
More Senior-Staff Shakeups In The Tennessee Labor Department
Another worker has been fired from the Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development. State Labor Commissioner Burns Phillips terminated the job of Fiscal Services Administrator Ron Jones, but hasn’t named a replacement. Jones oversaw the department’s more-than-$250-million operating budget.
This is the latest in the shake-up of senior-level staff following a financial audit earlier this year. That audit found that the department delayed sending thousands of unemployment checks and uncovered millions of dollars in fraud of unemployment funds.
Former commissioner Karla Davis, former deputy commissioner Alisa Malone and former administrator Turner Nashe all resigned in March.