Most Active Stories
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- UT Percussion Studies and Nief-Norf to host Pulitzer-Prize winning composer, John Luther Adams
- Iran Expert Sees Little Change In Tensions Between Washington and Tehran
- State Looking Into Limited Privatization Of Some State Parks
Science and Society
Fri January 31, 2014
The Method: Evolution Battles and Saving Species
In this edition of The Method: Tennessee legislators are considering changing the ten-member panel that evaluates school textbooks. Brandon Hollingsworth asks University of Tennessee professor of journalism Ed Caudill about the risks of political pressure seeping into science education. Then, Chrissy Keuper reports on a fascinating program at the Knoxville Zoo that seeks to ensure the protection and survival of animal species.