Most Active Stories
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- UT Percussion Studies and Nief-Norf to host Pulitzer-Prize winning composer, John Luther Adams
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- Iran Expert Sees Little Change In Tensions Between Washington and Tehran
- State Looking Into Limited Privatization Of Some State Parks
University of TN: Forensic Anthropology Center
Fri October 25, 2013
Mass Grave Project Part Of Human Rights Initiative
A new experiment is underway at the University of Tennessee’s Forensic Anthropology Center, at the world-famous “Body Farm”.
Anthropology graduate student Katie Corcoran is studying four new graves, specifically mass graves. Corcoran and her team are measuring the changes that occur as the human remains deteriorate.
Corcoran and Devin White, a Senior Research Scientist at Oak Ridge National Laboratory, spoke with WUOT’s Chrissy Keuper about the experiment and the technology they’re putting to use…