Most Active Stories
- Iran Expert Sees Little Change In Tensions Between Washington and Tehran
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- UT Percussion Studies and Nief-Norf to host Pulitzer-Prize winning composer, John Luther Adams
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- Dialogue: Social Media, Your Job & You
Thu August 1, 2013
Lissie On World Cafe
Originally published on Wed October 2, 2013 5:47 pm
When Lissie stopped by World Cafe for her session about a month ago, she still didn't have a name for her new album. Now titled Back to Forever, the singer's second record is due out Sept. 10; it comes three years after the release of her debut, Catching a Tiger. Lissie's new songs emphasize her observations of the world around her. "Shameless," for example, focuses on what people will do for stardom.
Lissie's music is solidly grounded in her folk roots, though she also evokes a Stevie Nicks-like presence in her popular cover of Fleetwood Mac's "Go Your Own Way." But Lissie continues to evolve as a rock artist, especially when she wields her Telecaster in the studio. In this installment of World Cafe, hear the charismatic singer perform three energized and heartfelt songs.