Most Active Stories
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- Dialogue: The Latest Data On Homelessness In Knoxville-Knox County
- One Year On, Still Unanswered Questions In Pilot Probe
- State Looking Into Limited Privatization Of Some State Parks
Thu May 16, 2013
Lauren Blankenship- Arithmomania Has Twelve Letters
Unless you spend a lot of time doing crossword puzzles or tweeting, counting the number of letters in a word might seem like a pointless endeavor. But for a tiny segment of the population, the urge to count letters is irresistible, sometimes to the point of distraction. WUOT’s Lauren Blankenship knows a lot about counting letters. She's been doing it since she could read. As part of WUOT's Next Wave Radio Project, Lauren filed this reflection...