Most Active Stories
- Iran Expert Sees Little Change In Tensions Between Washington and Tehran
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- UT Percussion Studies and Nief-Norf to host Pulitzer-Prize winning composer, John Luther Adams
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- Dialogue: Social Media, Your Job & You
Tue July 9, 2013
Knox County Schools Gets Gates Foundation Grant
Schools Superintendent Dr. Jim McIntyre says the district will get a $1.2 million Smart Spending grant: $850,000 from the foundation and the rest from a local match.
The Knox County Board of Education must first accept the grant and then work out how to fulfill the work plan connected to the grant, including a review to see what programs are working or need improvement.