Most Active Stories
- Iran Expert Sees Little Change In Tensions Between Washington and Tehran
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- UT Percussion Studies and Nief-Norf to host Pulitzer-Prize winning composer, John Luther Adams
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- Dialogue: Social Media, Your Job & You
Fri July 19, 2013
Kassin On World Cafe
Originally published on Wed October 2, 2013 5:54 pm
Kassin is an artist as well as an in-demand producer who works out of his own studio in Brazil with people like Marisa Monte and Arto Lindsay.
He remains best known in the U.S. for a series of trio albums called +2, made with Moreno Veloso and Domenico Lancelotti. Here, Kassin discusses how his new album, Sonhando Devager, became an album about dreams; we also get his take on interactions in Rio de Janeiro's music community. He also gives a performance for World Cafe, recorded live in Rio.