Most Active Stories
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- UT Percussion Studies and Nief-Norf to host Pulitzer-Prize winning composer, John Luther Adams
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- Iran Expert Sees Little Change In Tensions Between Washington and Tehran
- State Looking Into Limited Privatization Of Some State Parks
Around the Nation
Fri August 9, 2013
Kansas City Sandwich Is A 'Hit' With Baseball Teams
Originally published on Fri August 9, 2013 12:06 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Oklahoma Joe's barbecue is a popular spot in Kansas City - especially known for its Z-Man sandwich - smoked brisket with provolone topped with onion rings. The Minnesota Twins must've gotten the memo. They ordered 50 Z-Mans on Tuesday, and went on to beat the hometown Royals in a blowout.
The next day, Oklahoma Joes sent 51 Z-Mans to the Royals. It worked. They beat the Twins five to two. Don't mean to be superstitious, but that sandwich is a hit. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.