Most Active Stories
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- UT Percussion Studies and Nief-Norf to host Pulitzer-Prize winning composer, John Luther Adams
- State Looking Into Limited Privatization Of Some State Parks
- Iran Expert Sees Little Change In Tensions Between Washington and Tehran
Mon November 25, 2013
Join Us for Thanksgiving This Week
Join WUOT this week for some outstanding Thanksgiving holiday specials.
10:00 a.m.: Thanksgiving with Cantus - Cantus, one of the premiere men’s vocal ensembles, and program host Alison Young, talk about the holiday, music and food.
11:00 a.m.: The Splendid Table's Turkey Confidential Live Call-In - Lynne Rossetto Kasper, award-winning host of public radio's national food show The Splendid Table®, will be available to answer listener questions throughout the live, two-hour program. Phone lines (800-537-5252) will be open nationwide from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. EST and the program will be simulcast live on the Web at splendidtable.org. This year, The Splendid Table has created even more ways for listeners to be involved with Turkey Confidential. In addition to the open phone lines, The Splendid Table website will host several Web-based features.
1:00 p.m.: Giving Thanks, a Celebration of Fall, Food and Gratitude - Classical music is the heart and soul of the original Giving Thanks. This year features a tribute to Bach, including Simone Dinnerstein; Eric Whitacre’s gorgeous setting of e.e. cumming’s i thank You God for most this amazing day; and Dawn Upshaw sings Maria Schneider’s breathtaking new setting of Winter Morning Walks by Poet Laureate Ted Kooser, who introduces the poem