Most Active Stories
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- UT Percussion Studies and Nief-Norf to host Pulitzer-Prize winning composer, John Luther Adams
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- Iran Expert Sees Little Change In Tensions Between Washington and Tehran
- State Looking Into Limited Privatization Of Some State Parks
Tue May 7, 2013
Hey Marseilles On World Cafe
Originally published on Wed May 8, 2013 2:01 pm
Seattle's Hey Marseilles formed around the collaboration between singer Matt Bishop and guitarist Nick Ward, back when the two were students at the University of Washington. The band has since grown into the septet that recorded Hey Marseilles' sincere and endearing new album, Lines We Trace.
Since the release of Hey Marseilles' 2008 debut, To Travels & Trunks, the group's fan base has grown steadily. Here, the group performs new songs and sits down with World Cafe host David Dye to discuss the collaborative songwriting process that produced Lines We Trace, as well as the evolution of its sound.