Most Active Stories
- Iran Expert Sees Little Change In Tensions Between Washington and Tehran
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- UT Percussion Studies and Nief-Norf to host Pulitzer-Prize winning composer, John Luther Adams
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- State Looking Into Limited Privatization Of Some State Parks
Affordable Care Act
Thu December 13, 2012
Governor Haslam's Insurance Exchange Decision: Why it Matters
On Monday December 10, 2012, Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam made an important decision: The health insurance exchange required under the Affordable Care Act will be managed in Washington, not Tennessee. It may sound arcane, but it's a crucial choice as the nation prepares to change the way health insurance is offered, managed and sold. Dr. Carole Myers is an associate professor in the University of Tennessee's College of Nursing. Her specialty is public health policy, and on December 13, she spoke with WUOT's All Things Considered host Brandon Hollingsworth about the ramifications of the Governor's decision.