Most Active Stories
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- UT Percussion Studies and Nief-Norf to host Pulitzer-Prize winning composer, John Luther Adams
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- Iran Expert Sees Little Change In Tensions Between Washington and Tehran
- State Looking Into Limited Privatization Of Some State Parks
Thu December 12, 2013
Feds Break Up Major Cocaine Ring in Knoxville
Federal prosecutors say several local and federal law enforcement agencies have arrested 21 people in connection with an illegal drug distribution ring that involved the trafficking of $17.5 million dollars' worth of cocaine and crack cocaine. All 21 appeared in court this week and entered "not guilty" pleas on charges ranging from conspiracy to distribute cocaine to money laundering. One defendant also faces a felony firearms charge. The cases will go to trial February 11.