Most Active Stories
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- UT Percussion Studies and Nief-Norf to host Pulitzer-Prize winning composer, John Luther Adams
- State Looking Into Limited Privatization Of Some State Parks
- One Year On, Still Unanswered Questions In Pilot Probe
Pilot Flying J
Fri April 19, 2013
FBI Releases Pilot/Flying J Affidavit
An affidavit alleges top-level officials within the Pilot/Flying J Corporation knew about a long-running scheme to defraud money from some commercial customers. According to the affidavit, Pilot has for years been skimming money from customer rebates, lowering the rebate rate without telling the customer, then paying the customer less than they were owed. WUOT's Brandon Hollingsworth stayed up late reading the affidavit and spoke with Morning Edition's Chrissy Keuper.