Most Active Stories
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- Dialogue: The Latest Data On Homelessness In Knoxville-Knox County
- One Year On, Still Unanswered Questions In Pilot Probe
- When Parents Are The Ones Too Distracted By Devices
Thu July 25, 2013
ELO's Jeff Lynne Describes His Work In The Studio
Originally published on Wed October 2, 2013 5:52 pm
Jeff Lynne isn't quite at the forefront of '70s and '80s classic rock, but he was responsible for some formidable records with Electric Light Orchestra and Traveling Wilburys; later, he produced releases for Wilbury collaborators Tom Petty, Roy Orbison and George Harrison.
Here, World Cafe talks to Lynne from his studio in England to discuss his past work, which includes the creation of the Beatles track "Free As a Bird" for Anthology 1. Recently, Lynne has also reissued the live ELO album Zoom and his own solo collection, Armchair Theatre.