Most Active Stories
- The Method: What's Up On Pluto; Checking Up On Waterway Health
- Civil War Conference Highlights Tennessee's Difficult Transition To Post-war Peace
- Interview: Wilma Dunaway On The History Of Appalachia And Capitalism
- Knoxville Opera presents Verdi's "Il Trovatore"
- Ellen, Helen And The Origin Of The Love Kitchen
Mon August 4, 2014
Dialogue: Primary Matters
On Thursday, Tennessee voters will go to the polls to select candidates for local, state and federal offices. There are some high-profile races on the ballot, from Lamar Alexander’s fight to remain in the Senate, to the fate of three state Supreme Court justices, to a slate of local legislative races that will help determine the makeup of the Tennessee General Assembly.
Retired Knoxville News Sentinel bureau chief Tom Humphrey and Laurie Kinney, of the group Justice at Stake, join host Brandon Hollingsworth to talk about those races and the issues that have been raised.