Most Active Stories
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- Dialogue: The Latest Data On Homelessness In Knoxville-Knox County
- One Year On, Still Unanswered Questions In Pilot Probe
- When Parents Are The Ones Too Distracted By Devices
Mon January 6, 2014
Dialogue: Looking Back, Looking Ahead
2013 was a year in which fissures developed in the GOP supermajority in Nashville. Tennessee's economy improved, albeit slowly. As 2014 dawns, we look toward midterm elections. Governor Bill Haslam will be running for his second term, as Senators and Congressmen try to defend their seats against challengers.
In this edition of Dialogue, host Brandon Hollingsworth and three panelists discussed the year that was, and the year that will be. Center for Business and Economic Research director Bill Fox talked about Tennessee's economic health. Maryville College political scientist Mark O'Gorman took questions about the year's political developments. And Nashville Post reporter Andrea Zelinski discussed state politics and education.