Most Active Stories
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- UT Percussion Studies and Nief-Norf to host Pulitzer-Prize winning composer, John Luther Adams
- Iran Expert Sees Little Change In Tensions Between Washington and Tehran
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- State Looking Into Limited Privatization Of Some State Parks
Food Equity / Health Equity
Wed October 2, 2013
Dialogue: A Discussion About Food Equity And Health Equity
A new federal fiscal year has begun, with a few snags…
Because of a partial government shutdown, a few states are going ahead with reductions to food stamps, though the matter of a $40 billion cut to the program is still up for debate in Congress...
Signups for health insurance under the Affordable Care Act are underway, with effects yet to be determined…
WUOT's Chrissy Keuper spoke with James Bosi of the Knoxville-Knox County Food Policy Council, Martha Buchanan of the Knox County Health Department, and Paul Erwin of the University of Tennessee's Department of Public Health about policy related to food equity and health equity...