Most Active Stories
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- UT Percussion Studies and Nief-Norf to host Pulitzer-Prize winning composer, John Luther Adams
- State Looking Into Limited Privatization Of Some State Parks
- One Year On, Still Unanswered Questions In Pilot Probe
Islamic Center of Murfreesboro, TN
Mon June 3, 2013
Court Rules Against Opponents Of Murfreesboro Mosque
The Tennessee Court of Appeals ruled that officials in Rutherford County did give proper public notice of a meeting at which they approved the construction of a mosque. The lawsuit was filed in 2010 by residents trying to block construction of the Islamic Center of Murfreesboro. As the case made its way through the courts, the mosque was built, and is in use. The plaintiffs say they’ll appeal this ruling to the Tennessee Supreme Court.