Most Active Stories
- The Threepenny Opera: A Modern Take On Longstanding Problems
- Local Filmmakers Score A Quiet Hit
- The Oak Ridge Symphony presents a concert of "International Flavors"
- Dialogue: Energy Consumption And Sustainability In Knoxville
- The Method: Joe Palca Talks Science Reporting; A Candidate For State Microbe
Next Wave Radio Project
Thu August 22, 2013
Celeste de la Rosa- Turning A Disability Into An Opportunity
The job interview can be an intimidating experience even for the most prepared and confident candidate, but a job seeker with a disability faces an even greater set of challenges. They have to show the employer they can do the job, but they also have to overcome any fears and assumptions the employer may have about working with someone who has a disability. As part of our Next Wave Radio Project, WUOT’s Celeste de la Rosa looks into how some of those job candidates are turning their disabilities into opportunities...