Most Active Stories
- Iran Expert Sees Little Change In Tensions Between Washington and Tehran
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- UT Percussion Studies and Nief-Norf to host Pulitzer-Prize winning composer, John Luther Adams
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- State Looking Into Limited Privatization Of Some State Parks
Fri August 2, 2013
Big Country On World Cafe
Originally published on Tue December 10, 2013 5:03 pm
When Big Country founder and lead singer Stuart Adamson died in 2001, most would have assumed that the Scottish band was finished. But in 2007, the group reunited for a 25th-anniversary tour with a new lead singer in its lineup. Though Adamson was a hard man to replace, Big Country found comfort in recording and playing with Mike Peters, formerly of The Alarm.
With original Big Country member Bruce Watson at the helm, the band's new album came out last April and is titled The Journey. In this installment of World Cafe, hear the group perform a handful of old and new songs.