Most Active Stories
- Well-known Knoxville Attorney Arrested On Drug Charges
- UT Percussion Studies and Nief-Norf to host Pulitzer-Prize winning composer, John Luther Adams
- Iran Expert Sees Little Change In Tensions Between Washington and Tehran
- There's A 'Blood Moon' Eclipse Tonight, But Will You Be Able To See It?
- State Looking Into Limited Privatization Of Some State Parks
Fri August 23, 2013
American Idol Audition Bus Rolls Into Knoxville
Aspiring pop stars from all around East Tennessee are expected to converge on Knoxville's Krutch Park today to audition for the popular FOX TV talent competition American Idol. The American Idol Audition Bus is currently on a five-city tour throughout the Southeast in search of contestants. Crowds in previous tour stops like Tuscaloosa, Ala. and Little Rock, Ark. have numbered in the thousands.
In the show's twelve-year history, East Tennessee has never produced an American Idol winner. However, Janelle Arthur of Oliver Springs made local history last year when she finished fifth in the annual competition, the highest showing for any contestant from this region.
Today's visit marks the first time the show's producers have elected to come to Knoxville to audition talent.
Since first airing in 2002, American Idol has helped to launch numerous successful show business careers. Alumni include Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson.